2012-08-17 / Front Page

Man Suffers Burns in Cape Elizabeth from Brush Fire

By Jack Flagler
Staff Writer

The State Fire Marshal's Office says a man suffered first and second degree burns in Cape Elizabeth when gasoline he was pouring on a brush fire exploded. Jay Moores, 42, of Saco, was taken to Maine Medical Center after suffering the injuries on Valley Road this morning. Department of Public Safety spokesman Stephen McCausland said Moores was pouring the gasoline from an old car gas tank to burn a brush pile for a friend.

Return to top